A high protein snack when you are needing that “fix”
This is absolutely one of my favourite healthy eating “treats”. It gives you that chocolate fix when you are needing it but with a good serving of protein, you don’t need to cheat on your plan to do so! I wish I could tell you how long they last in the fridge but this recipe has never lasted more than five days in my house …. because we eat them all too quickly!!
An important tip would be to not skip the coconut extract (found in the baking aisle). I find them very bland and I can taste the protein powder too much when I left it out.
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 3 Scoops your favourite Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- Handful of finely chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 Cup Natural Peanut or Almond Butter
- Artificial coconut flavouring (important)
- Extra shredded coconut for rolling
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Rub in and combine the nut butter.
- Combine 1/2 tsp coconut flavour with 1/3 cup of water and slowly add water until it forms a slightly sticky dough like consistency.
- If too dry to form balls, slowly add more water one drop at a time (gets too sticky fast so be careful).
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and roll in extra shredded coconut. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 36 balls